Updated Jan. 21, 2019. Effective Jan. 25, 2019.
Users of the Research Portal agree to the following conditions:
- The project list and individual project information, unless otherwise indicated, are public content. Only those granted access to the private listings through a registered account (researchers), Portal Administration and project listing agents (communities) can view private listings. Providing access to private listings outside of these groups may result in the suspension of user privileges.
- The Research Portal and Portal Administration do not guarantee research outcomes, partnerships, or any other aspect related to the how this service is used. That said Portal Administration is willing on a case-by-case basis to variably assist researchers and communities whose viable projects or partnerships are terminated for legitimate reasons.
- Researchers using the Research Portal undertake to interact in good faith and conduct their research in line with the ethical obligations imposed by their institutional settings. Evidence of failure to act in good faith or acting in breach of recognized ethical standards may result in the suspension of any user privileges. Communities using the Research Portal undertake to act in good faith with their research partners. Evidence of failure to act in good faith may result in the suspension of user privileges.
- Researchers must contact the designated project liaison and be selected by that liaison before commencing a Portal project. Failing to follow this directive will dramatically limit the success of projects and could result in the suspension of any user privileges.
- The Research Portal and Portal Administration are not responsible for the conduct of researchers/communities who connect through this service. We advise participants to conduct due diligence research into the people and institutions they are collaborating with and to ensure all health and safety concerns are addressed prior to research commencing.